See Overview and Topics tabs for details on technical content and solicited topics.
Proposed Joint sessions
- Automotive Image Quality with the Image Quality and System Performance Conference
- Machine Vision and Robotics with the Intelligent Robotics and Industrial Applications using Computer Vision Conference
- Sensing for Automated Systems with the Image Sensors and Imaging Systems Conference
Ways to Submit
There are three options for submission; please read the descriptions carefully.
- Presentation at the conference and publication in the conference proceedings. This is the most common option, and if accepted may be assigned either an oral or interactive (poster) presentation. Submit a 500-word structured abstract (using template, with option to add figures) using the symposium template
- Presentation-only. Oral presentation at the conference, but no publication of work in the conference proceedings. Submit a 500-word short abstract
- JIST-first. Expedited review and publication in the Journal of Imaging Science and Technology (JIST) before the conference, oral presentation at the conference, and inclusion in the conference proceedings. To
meet the publication timeline, successful JIST-first submissions must
require only minor revisions in response to peer-review. Those not
meeting this stringent standard are automatically re-considered for
presentation at the conference and publication in the proceedings
(option 1 above). Author instructions for journal submissions
Final Manuscript Deadline
The final manuscript is due 20 November 2017 for onsite proceedings.
Presentations from speakers/authors will be publicized on the AVM website after the conference.