Imaging is integral to the human experience—from personal photographs taken every day with mobile devices to autonomous imaging algorithms in self-driving cars to the mixed reality technology that underlies new forms of entertainment. Come to EI 2018, where leading researchers, developers, and entrepreneurs from around the world discuss, learn about, and share the latest imaging developments from industry and academia.
The 2018 event features 18 technical conferences and 1 focus session covering all aspects of electronic imaging, including:
Technical courses taught by experts from academia and industry augment the main technical program of symposium plenary, conference keynote, and oral and interactive (poster) presentations.
- Augmented and virtual reality displays and processing
- Autonomous machine imaging algorithms
- Computational and digital photography
- Human vision, color, perception, and cognition
- Image and video processing and communication via the web
- Mobile imaging
- Imaging sensors
- Image quality
- Display and hardcopy
- Media security and forensics
- Machine vision and machine learning
- Stereoscopic displays and their applications
- Applications of these technologies in communications, security, transportation, education, space exploration, medicine, entertainment, and more
Technology demonstrations by industry and academia participants and a focused exhibition showcase the latest developments driving next generation electronic imaging products.
IS&T EI proceedings are Open Access. For IS&T EI proceedings, open access means that papers will be downloadable in their entirety for free in perpetuity. Copyright restrictions on papers may vary, please see individual papers for copyright details. Click to go to the Proceedings of the IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging.