Peter Schelkens, Editor; Athanassios Skodras, Co-Editor; and Touradj Ebrahimi, Co-Editor
The JPEG 2000 Suite provides a comprehensive overview of the baseline JPEG 2000 standard and its extensions. The first part of the book sets out the core coding system, additions to the standard and reference software. The second part discusses the successful deployment of JPEG 2000 in application domains such as video surveillance, digital cinema, digital television, medical imaging, defence imaging, security, geographic imaging and remote sensing, digital culture imaging and 3D graphics. The book also presents implementation strategies accompanied by existing software and hardware solutions.
- Describes secure JPEG 2000 (JPSEC), interactivity protocols (JPIP), volumetric image data compression (JP3D) and image compression in wireless environments (JPWL), amongst others.
- Uses a structure which allows for easy cross-reference with the components of the standard.
- Sets out practical implementation examples and results.
- Examines strategies for future image compression techniques, including Advanced Image Coding and JPEG XR.
- Includes contributions from international specialists in industry and academia who have worked on the development of the JPEG 2000 standard.
- Additional material can be found at www.jpeg.org.
The JPEG 2000 Suite is an excellent introduction to the JPEG 2000 standard and is of great appeal to practising electronics engineers, researchers, and hardware and software developers using and developing image coding techniques. Graduate students taking courses on image compression, digital archiving, and data storage techniques will also find the book useful, as will graphic designers, artists, and decision makers in industries developing digital applications.
© 2009; John Wiley & Sons