Auris Surgical Robotics Overview
Auris is a technology company defining the future of medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, the company is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a broad spectrum medical procedures.
Auris is seeking an optical engineer to join our Vision Systems team. This is a key role with responsibilities for developing the test systems needed to design and manufacture imaging subsystems.
Core Job Responsibilities
The positions will be responsible for managing the optical test lab and equipment. Will assist in lighting development. Able to assist with automation of optical test systems including LED and thermal testing. A thorough understanding of optical power measurement, image processing and image characterization is required. Expertise programming in Python, and experience with assembling optical bread boards, electrical circuits and cables is highly desired.
Auris is a rapidly growing company therefore demonstrated success in developing new products in a start-up to mid-size environment is very important. Critical success factors include: a high commitment to achieving key technical goals, timing and cost goals, strong communication and creative thinking within cross-functional teams to address key program risks, working with cross- functional project teams in the successful development and launch of new products, ensure transfer of products to commercial production. Ensure compliance to the external quality requirements and company quality management system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science is required, a Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a product development environment, preferably with direct participation in release to commercial production.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and clearly communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals and teams, and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A solid background in the product development in the medical device industry is desirable.
- A working knowledge of quality system for medical devices is desirable.
Please email resumes to Mark.Downing@Aurisrobotics.com.