FREE Access to ALL Published Papers
Proceedings papers accepted for presentation at EI—including JIST-first papers—are available for free download via the IS&T Digital Library on the IngentaConnect platform.
Presenter and Author Information
Accepted works are assigned to an oral presentation (typically 20 minutes), or an interactive (poster) presentation during the 90 minute poster session on Wednesday evening.
NOTE: Interactive poster presenters may also be asked to give a short oral preview during a technical session within their conference.
Authors who selected the proceedings paper option with their submission are expected to provide the proceedings paper on or before the due date for their conference. Certain conferences do not offer the alternative presentation-only option. All accepted authors in these conferences must provide a proceedings paper:
Templates and Copyright Agreement Forms
Accepted Final Manuscripts Deadlines
For those using the JIST-first option, final revised manuscripts as required by the JIST Editor based on peer-review comments must be submitted by 24 Oct 2016.
Final manuscripts for conference proceedings are due as determined by your conference, either:
Login to the abstract submission site and check the welcome page listing for your conference's manuscript due date.
Final proceedings manuscript upload: You will receive a direct link to use for your manuscript upload in a separate email prior to that due date.
- 28 November 2016 (Onsite proceedings), or
- 11 January 2017 (Post-conference proceedings)
- Submit your work for review in the format required by your chosen conference. Note that the JIST-first option uses the JIST format.
- If you are unsure which conference to choose, submit a 4–6 page proceedings draft paper and select "Put my paper where it fits best" in answer to the Conference question.
- If your work is accepted, you are obligated to register and present your work at EI as scheduled. Publication is conditional on your presentation.
- If you require a visa to travel to the US, please request an invitation letter as soon as you are notified of acceptance.
- Prior to the conference, carefully construct and practice your presentation to faithfully represent your work to the conference attendees. Be prepared to answer questions. about the work.
- Authors accepted under the Journal-first option must register for the conference AND pay the JIST page charges at 50% of the current rate.
- Authors must obtain funding for registration fees, travel, and accommodations, independent of IS&T.
Authors submitting to EI agree to the following conditions:
- To submit their work for review using the required format by the deadline (listed at the top of this page); submission equals authorization for IS&T to circulate the submission to conference committee members for peer-review and/or selection purposes.
- Obtain funding for their registration fees, travel, and accommodations, independent of IS&T. Please note that request for visa application support should be made as soon as you receive acceptance of your paper.
- Register at the required registration rate by the early registration deadline. At least one full (non-student) registration is required with each accepted paper or presentation.
- Ensure that all clearances, including government and company clearance, have been obtained to present and publish the work. If you are a DoD contractor in the USA, allow at least 60 days for clearance.
- Sign the IS&T copyright form. Please note that accommodations are made for authors who need to sign creative commons copyright forms such as CC BY.
- To submit a full-length manuscript (6–12 pages) for publication in the IS&T Digital Library by the Onsite (28 November 2016) or Post-conference (11 January 2017) deadline (see conference and acceptance letter for details).
- To attend the meeting and give a high quality presentation as scheduled in the technical program.
- Commercial papers, papers with no new research/development content, and papers where supporting data or a technical description cannot be given for proprietary reasons will not be accepted for presentation in this conference.